[MARMAM] Reminder: SMM Workshop -- Measuring hormones in marine mammals

Jillian Wisse jillianwisse at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 15:08:56 PDT 2017

Reminder, please join us for the following SMM workshop:

*"Measuring hormones in marine mammals: Current methods, alternative sample
matrices, and future directions"*

The goal of the workshop is to provide a forum for researchers to discuss
the use of alternative sampling matrices in endocrinology-based research in
marine mammals, review state-of-the-art analytic techniques, and think
about necessary validations and interpretation issues. We'll have three
presentation sessions with ample time for discussion, ending the workshop
with a conversation about future directions for this type of research.

If you're working with alternative matrices or thinking about expanding
your research program to include hormone sampling, we'd love to have you
join our conversation!

This full-day workshop will take place on *Saturday, October 28th, 2017
from 8:00am - 5:00pm at the Biennial conference in Halifax*.

Please register via the conference website:
http://www.smmconference.org/WorkshopDescriptions

The list of SMM workshops and their abstracts can be seen here
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bYDTKBvg3Tb7JM6TVei5D9-p_pjC2N9q4e8kMLORIvc/edit#gid=0>
.

Please contact Jillian Wisse (jillian.wisse at duke.edu) or Stephen Trumble (
Stephen_Trumble at baylor.edu) with any questions.

---
Jillian Wisse
*Ph.D. Student in Ecology*
*Marine Science and Conservation Division*
*Nicholas School of the Environment,* *Duke University*
jillian.wisse at duke.edu