[MARMAM] Survey on gender-specific experiences in marine mammal science

Amanda Bradford - NOAA Federal amanda.bradford at noaa.gov
Sun Oct 1 21:33:11 PDT 2017

Dear MARMAM Community,

In preparation for the Women in Marine Mammal Science: Breaking Down
Barriers to Success
<https://www.marinemammalscience.org/outside-conferences-workshops-symposia/workshop-women-marine-mammal-science-breaking-barriers-success-28-october-2017/>
workshop at the upcoming SMM Biennial in Halifax, we are conducting an
anonymous survey to better understand gender-specific experiences in marine
mammal science and would greatly appreciate your participation.

This survey is intended for anyone, regardless of gender or place of
residence/origin, seeking or pursuing a career in or associated with marine
mammal science.  It has received ethics approval by the Research Ethics
Board at Simon Fraser University and should take no more than 20 minutes of
your time.

Results from this survey will contribute to both the workshop and a
subsequent publication, although please note we are seeking broad
participation within the field of marine mammal science and would value
your input, even if you are not planning to attend the conference or
workshop.

To begin the survey, click here
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdMP6vBO1aZ8JmPu5G40B3ZSIncvih0_ajp33kRRH-wXGfJkw/viewform>
or copy the following address into your web browser: https://goo.gl/EzYmBx.
 The survey will be active until 15 October 2017.

Please email Dr. Frances Robertson at francesr at sfu.ca if you any questions
about the survey or us at womeninmmsci at gmail.com if you have any questions
about the workshop.

Thank you,