[MARMAM] 2018 Marine Mammal Rescue & Rehabilitation Internship Opportunities at California Wildlife Center

Heather Henderson heatherh at cawildlife.org
Tue Nov 28 17:34:15 PST 2017

2018 Marine Mammal Rescue & Rehabilitation Internship Announcement

California Wildlife Center is excited to announce the following internship opportunities for 2018!  California Wildlife Center is located in Malibu, California, and responds to reports of stranded marine mammals 365 days a year.  Our rehabilitation facility is active during the region’s period of highest stranding activity, which is January through July.  There are five, 8-week sessions:

Session I:       January 1st to end of February
Session II:     February 1st to the end of March

Session III:    March 1st to the end of April

Session IV:    April 1st to the end of May

Session V:     May 1st to the end of June

Time Commitment:

40 hours per week.

Summary/Program Description
The California Wildlife Center is a non-profit organization dedicated to the rescue, rehabilitation and release of injured, orphaned and sick native wildlife.  CWC fulfills this mission through marine mammal rescue and rehabilitation, and treatment of avian and terrestrial wildlife in our rehabilitation hospital.   This internship will provide an exciting and challenging educational experience in the marine mammal field, and may allow for additional hands-on experience with other native California wildlife.  The interns will be working closely with the Marine Mammal program staff in all aspects of stranding response and rehabilitation, including logistics, assessment, capture/restraint, transportation, husbandry, and public relations.

Please visit our website for more information: http://cawildlife.org/volunteer/internshipsexternshipspreceptorships/

Heather A. Henderson

Stranding Coordinator

California Wildlife Center