[MARMAM] The American Cetacean Society - San Francisco Bay Chapter is taking Application Proposals for its 2017 SMM Conference Travel Grants
lklifeart at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 22 13:33:01 PDT 2017
The American Cetacean Society - San Francisco Bay Chapter istaking
Application Proposals for its 2017 SMM Conference TravelGrants
The American Cetacean Society-San Francisco BayChapter (ACS-SF Bay) would like to encourage students to apply for ourupcoming 2017 Society of MarineMammology Conference Student Travel Grants.
ACS– SF Bay Chapter Guidelines for Student Travel Grant:
1. In order to apply for a travelgrant applicants research posters must be accepted by the 2017 Society ofMarine Mammology conference committee and be attending the conference.
2. Make sure you are a current ACS-San Francisco Bay chaptermember at the time of submission. Application for membership to ACS-SF Baymay be completed at the following website: http://acsonline.org/support-acs/become-member/
3. If you are not already anACS member, please become a San Francisco Bay ACS chapter member.
4. Be currently enrolled as astudent at a recognized academic institution.
5. Be first author on an acceptedoral or poster presentation.
The application deadlineis MondaySeptember 11, 2017. Grant announcement date is Monday September 25, 2017
Proposals should include:
1. Application cover sheet, with title ofproposal, field research group, contact information (email, phone anddepartmental contacts) for the faculty lead or principle investigator (PI), (secondPI if applicable) and any proposed student participant list (with contactinformation).
2. A brief narrative (1-2 pages, single-spaced)describing the research project, overall purpose, specific researchobjectives/questions, study timeline and benchmarks, significance of theresearch in advancing our understanding the biology and conservation ofcetaceans and/or their
habitats, and how the research can or does advance conservationefforts aimed at a particular taxa, species, or habitat.
This award ($500 each) helps to offset travel expensesenabling the student to attend the Society of Marine Mammology Conference.Attending this conference is very important for the future as a scientist. Notonly are students able to present their accepted research project (poster), butwill meet and connect with the attending marine biologists and scientists thatmay become future teachers/mentors, and/or for prospective job opportunities.
Studentsare our future and ACS-SF Bay chapter feels very strongly in supporting them.
Applications should be sentby email to LynetteR. Koftinow
American Cetacean Society - San Francisco Bay Chapter Questions regarding the program may alsobe directed to her.
Lynette R. Koftinow
Research ACS-SF Bay chapter
(415) 937-0641 (office)
acs.sfbay at gmail.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the MARMAM