[MARMAM] Conservation Plan for Strait of Gibraltar killer whales

Pauline Gauffier paulinegauffier at hotmail.fr
Wed May 17 08:39:37 PDT 2017

Dear Marmam subscribers,

I would like to send the communication below on behalf of Dr. Renaud de Stephanis. For more information, please contact him directly at renauddestephanis at gmail.com

All the best,

Pauline

**************

Dear friends,

I would like to draw your atention to the following link https://www.boe.es/boe/dias/2017/05/17/pdfs/BOE-A-2017-5474.pdf. In this document you can get the Conservation Plan for killer whales of the Strait of Gibraltar, just accepted by the Spanish Ministry of Environment, so the document is officially official. It is the first conservation plan for a cetacean species in the Med as far as I know, and all the document is based on science. With these lines I would like to acknowledge all the persons that made this possible. Especially to Dr Ruth Esteban Pavo. It is the result of more than 20 years of work, 9 papers, 4 PhD, more than 80.000 nm sailed, 300.000 dorsal fin analysed (for only 60 individuals...). Thanks also to the anonymous reviewers and editors of the journals that made all the papers  publishable.

Thanks again
Renaud de Stephanis
PD: Sorry for my english!!!