[MARMAM] Marine Mammal Center Public Programs Internship
goodc at TMMC.org
Thu May 11 10:15:59 PDT 2017
Public Programs Internship
We are currently recruiting for an important unpaid intern role in our Education and Guest Experience Department, looking for the right person to support our team of volunteer docents and assist with tours of the hospital. Intern in a comfortable, friendly environment; share your passion for wildlife and conservation; boost your resume; meet like-minded people and feel great knowing that you're supporting a good cause.
The Public Programs Internship<http://www.marinemammalcenter.org/Get-Involved/volunteer/internship-opportunities/public-programs-intern.html> is available at our Main Hospital in Sausalito. The position is unpaid and reports to the Guest Experience Coordinator.
* Engage visitors regarding the work of The Marine Mammal Center and marine mammals
* Answer visitor questions and direct them to all of the public areas of the hospital
* Lead tours of the public areas of the hospital to visiting groups
* Inspire visitors to support The Marine Mammal Center and marine mammals and become ocean stewards
* Assist in the management and support of education volunteers onsite
* Interpret animal behaviors and animal care procedures to visitors
* Serve as the contact and point person for volunteers when questions arise
* Background and/or experience in environmental education, natural sciences, and public speaking
* Ability to stand or walk for up to 4 hours without a break
* Ability to lift and move up to 30 pounds
* Ability to complete tasks in a productive, proactive manner with minimal day-to-day supervision
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* All applicants must be at least 18 years of age and pass a background check
Ideal candidates serve 3 days a week for approximately 24 hours for 3 to 6 months. We offer flexible end dates and extensions for excellent candidates. Time off must be arranged in advance.
Applications are accepted year-round on a rolling basis. Mandatory trainings (1 per season) occur on the following dates:
* Summer: June 3 &4
* Fall: TBD
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to edu at tmmc.org<mailto:edu at tmmc.org>. Please contact the Guest Experience Coordinator at 415-289-7373 or edu at tmmc.org<mailto:edu at tmmc.org> to express interest or learn more about this opportunity.
Guest Experience Coordinator
The Marine Mammal Center
2000 Bunker Road
Sausalito, CA 94965
goodc at tmmc.org<mailto:goodc at tmmc.org>
It's time to apply! The Marine Mammal Center is seeking volunteer interns to share our story of conservation and support our education team. Find all the details on our website<http://www.marinemammalcenter.org/Get-Involved/volunteer/internship-opportunities/public-programs-intern.html>.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the MARMAM