[MARMAM] LAST OPPORTUNITY: STUDY FIN WHALES IN SPAIN (BARCELONA)

Myriam Rius mrius at edmaktub.org
Thu Mar 9 03:47:49 PST 2017

*LAST OPPORTUNITY: STUDY FIN WHALES IN SPAIN (BARCELONA)*

*--*

>From February to June, an extraordinary phenomenon occurs along the coast
near to Barcelona: the presence of fin whales that are observed very close
to the coast while traveling and feeding.

EDMAKTUB Association has been running the *Fin Whale Project* since 2013
with the double objective of increasing the knowledge regarding the
presence of these whales and to encourage their preservation in the
area*.* This
involves a long-term period of study which will entail several years of
research work.

*DO YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE AS A RESEARCH ASSISTANT IN OUR STUDY ON FIN
WHALES AROUND THE BARCELONA COAST? STILL FEW PLACES AVAILABLE.*

>From March to June 2017 you can join our 7-days practical program,
specially developed for newly graduated students in biology, oceanography,
veterinary science or other areas related to the sea and cetaceans.

Our program gives you the opportunity to gain field experience in cetacean
study, and specifically on whales while participating during your seven day
stay as part of our scientific team. For us, it means more support and help
to continue researching fin whale for further knowledge.

*Summary of main features*:
• Duration:* 7 days*
• Dates for the 2017 participation: *from the 4th of March to the 2nd of
June*
• Donation: *800€* (includes training, research material, accommodation and
food)

You will find all the details about the participation: information, dates,
conditions and application form on EDMAKTUB website:
http://www.edmaktub.org/en/rap/

--
Myriam Rius
Marketing Asociación Edmaktub