[MARMAM] eDNA workshop

Dennis Heinemann DHeinemann at mmc.gov
Fri Jun 16 11:57:35 PDT 2017

A few months ago I sought information on marine mammal research activities involving eDNA. Quite a few people from around the world responded and I found a few others from the literature and on the web.  As part of efforts to bring MM eDNA researchers together, I worked with a couple of the respondents to prepare and submit a proposal for an eDNA workshop at the upcoming MMS Biennial Conference in Halifax.  Unfortunately, the proposal was not accepted, so we will have to look for another opportunity to bring everyone together.  You will hear from me again regarding other efforts to foster communication among eDNA researchers.  Thanks again for everyone’s interest.

Dennis Heinemann, PhD
Director of Science
U.S. Marine Mammal Commission
email:    dheinemann at mmc.gov<mailto:dheinemann at mmc.gov>
web:      www.mmc.gov<http://www.mmc.gov/>
twitter: @MarineMammalCom
Click here<http://visitor.r20.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?llr=rproolsab&p=oi&m=1119223236081&sit=4mp6ojhjb&f=59f8c1fe-59ef-44d6-954a-9cae333e5eb5> to sign up for the MMC Newsletter

  The Marine Mammal Commission is an
  Independent Agency of the Federal Government