[MARMAM] Sealcentre Pieterburen Vet Internship 2017

Ana Rubio García | Zeehondencentrum ana.rubiogarcia at zeehondencentrum.nl
Mon Jun 26 09:59:40 PDT 2017

Dear Colleagues,

We are opening a new vet intern position!

VETERINARY DEPARTMENT INTERNSHIP – SEALCENTRE PIETERBUREN

The Sealcentre Pieterburen, the Netherlands, has an exciting opportunity
for a Veterinary Intern to work in our Veterinary and Seal Care
Departments. This position is scheduled to start in October 2017 and lasts
one year and previous marine mammal or wildlife experience is a plus. The
Sealcentre’s Veterinary Department includes two veterinarians and two
veterinary interns. We are looking for a highly motivated and dynamic
candidate who will join our team and will work closely in a team setting
with staff and volunteers to assist with all aspects of veterinary care and
husbandry of sick and injured seals. Other responsibilities include but are
not limited to: daily care of animals, transport of live/dead marine
animals, maintenance of daily nutritional and medical records, sampling for
various research projects, and  data entry. Additional duties and projects
may be assigned by staff.

The intern is required to find its own transportation to Pieterburen and we
provide housing (gas, electricity, water and internet included), meals and
health insurance. This position is unpaid. The intern should expect to be
scheduled to cover a variety of shifts including weekdays, nights, weekends
and holidays. The ideal candidate should be mature and motivated, and
possess a strong work ethic and excellent observational and communication
skills (a fluent English level is required). Due to Visa requirements we
are currently only able to accept applicants with a European passport.

The deadline for applications is July 31st  2017. Interested applicants
should submit a copy of the CV, an intention letter and two recommendation
letters. Note that the application materials should be in English.
Applications and questions should be submitted to vet at zeehondencentrum.nl
indicating in the subject VETERINARY INTERN 2017.

For more information about the Sealcentre Pieterburen  visit
www.zeehondencentrum.nl

Kind regards,

*Ana Rubio García*
*Head of the Veterinary & Research Department*
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6 12 981154
Email: ana.rubiogarcia at zeehondencentrum.nl

Zeehondencentrum Pieterburen. Healthy sea, happy seal.

Hoofdstraat 94a

9968 AG Pieterburen

T +31 (0)595 526 526

E: info at zeehondencentrum.nl

I: www.zeehondencentrum.nl

[image: cid:image004.jpg at 01D1D2D4.6A844C90]

P Please consider the environment. Think before printing.