[MARMAM] Some positions left for the humpback whale volunteer program in Tofo, Mozambique

Pierre Gallego pierregallego at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 23 04:04:22 PDT 2017

Humpback whale volunteer program in Tofo, Mozambique

This research volunteer program is organized by Odyssea (www.odyssea.lu <http://www.odyssea.lu/>) and Underwater Africa (www.underwaterafrica.com <http://www.underwaterafrica.com/>) and takes place from July 15th till September 15th 2017 in Tofo, Mozambique. The normal duration of the program is 2 weeks but can be extended. The aim of the program is to introduce volunteers to humpback whale research techniques in the field. Volunteers will gain first hand experience in photo-identification, behavioural data acquisition, drone handling, acoustics and biopsy sampling. This is a unique opportunity to learn these skills in the field.

In addition, volunteers will have the opportunity to scuba dive (scuba lessons available) and snorkel in order to participate in whale shark and manta ray research. Our scientists have also just started a bull shark research program.

For more information on the available positions, on dates and prices, please visit www.underwaterafrica.com <http://www.underwaterafrica.com/> or contact me at info at odyssea.lu <mailto:info at odyssea.lu>

Dr Pierre Gallego
President of Odyssea