[MARMAM] Call for Panelist and visual materials for the SMM 2017 Canadian Celebration and Trivia Event!

Katie Kowarski katiekowarski at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 09:55:30 PDT 2017

Do you or someone you know have a cool story to share about an experience
you’ve had with *marine mammals in Canadian waters*? Maybe the first time
you saw a whale, seal, or polar bear, the most moving or rare behaviour you
have observed, or just a funny tale from your field work? Are you also an
engaging speaker? Then contact the SMM organizing committee!

At the *2017 SMM Biennial Conference in Halifax, Nova Scotia* we are
hosting a Canadian Celebration on the evening of *Tuesday, October 24th
2017* with the aim to inspire a fascination for marine mammals and an
appreciation for Canada’s contribution to the field in a format inclusive
for both conference attendees and the public; primarily via a visual
display and *storytelling*.

*We are looking for 5-6 panelists* representing different Canadian regions
and species to share stories, answer questions from the audience, and have
a great time! Following the panel, we’ll invite a larger group of you to
join our panelists to face the challenge of the Great Marine Mammal Trivia
Game! *Honour and glory will be up for grabs!*

In addition to panelists, we are also looking for *videos and images of
marine mammals* and marine mammal research in Canadian waters to include in
a video to be presented as an introduction to this event and via our social
media outlets!

If you are interested, would like to recommend someone, or have materials
you’d like to contribute, please contact us at
CanadaCelebration at marinemammalscience.org

Sincerely,

Katie & Tonya

Your SMM 2017 Canadian Celebration Committee