[MARMAM] The UK's whales & dolphins need you!

Kathy James kathy.james at seawatchfoundation.org.uk
Fri Jul 14 10:21:52 PDT 2017

Take part 29th July-6th August - register now!

 <http://mailchi.mp/977c91cf454c/help-monitor-the-uks-marine-mammals-during-the-2017-national-whale-dolphin-watch?e=c3f0e2384a> View this email in your browser

https://gallery.mailchimp.com/5384b29f8bc185b9a1bec5079/images/526016ed-5d3d-4100-8f30-f1804c5d5a88.jpg

National Whale & Dolphin Watch

Your excuse to spend time at the coast!

Our flagship event, the National Whale & Dolphin Watch is almost upon us and we'd love for you to get involved! This year's event is:

29th July - 6th August 2017

This annual event helps us to determine a yearly snapshot of whale and dolphin activity around our coast and we can only achieve this with your help! It's really easy to take part:

1.	 <http://seawatchfoundation.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=5384b29f8bc185b9a1bec5079&id=087ae3685e&e=c3f0e2384a> Report any incidental sightings of whales, dolphins and porpoises you make during the week on our website
2.	 <http://seawatchfoundation.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=5384b29f8bc185b9a1bec5079&id=cbb9551c0d&e=c3f0e2384a> Conduct a timed watch using our simple forms
3.	 <http://seawatchfoundation.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=5384b29f8bc185b9a1bec5079&id=3e3ac92aad&e=c3f0e2384a> Organise or attend a public watch to help us collect data at the same time as spreading awareness of the event & the animals we're collectively monitoring

Contact our National Whale and Dolphin Watch Assistant,  <mailto:kathy.james at seawatchfoundation.org.uk> L <mailto:nwdw at seawatchfoundation.org.uk> auren, for forms and information and to register your events.

https://gallery.mailchimp.com/5384b29f8bc185b9a1bec5079/images/addf1b07-822d-4221-9041-c5f4b65df84c.jpg

Did you take part in the 2016 National Whale & Dolphin Watch? We'd like to thank you so much for all your efforts and hope you'll be able to take part again this year. The event report is available to read here:

 <http://seawatchfoundation.us9.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=5384b29f8bc185b9a1bec5079&id=99046b94e3&e=c3f0e2384a> Click here for the 2016 NWDW report.

If you didn't have a chance to help last year, we hope that you will this summer? The event is little under a month away so please check your diary and let us know about any watches you plan to undertake, or simply get in touch to ask our advice.

https://gallery.mailchimp.com/5384b29f8bc185b9a1bec5079/images/33dde531-13e8-486a-abfb-27e1ccedf41c.png

Aside from data collection, the other main
aim of the National Whale & Dolphin Watch
is to sing and shout about the wealth of
amazing cetaceans (that's whales, dolphins
& porpoises) around our coastline. You can help us a great deal with this by following our social media streams.

 <http://seawatchfoundation.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=5384b29f8bc185b9a1bec5079&id=f16638fac6&e=c3f0e2384a> You can follow us on Instagram here.

 <http://seawatchfoundation.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=5384b29f8bc185b9a1bec5079&id=9bf6d31549&e=c3f0e2384a> Like our Facebook page here.

 <http://seawatchfoundation.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=5384b29f8bc185b9a1bec5079&id=86bc820fea&e=c3f0e2384a> Follow our Twitter account here.

Thanks for taking the time to read about the ways in which you can help make National Whale & Dolphin Watch 2017 a success and we look forward to hearing from you!

Copyright © 2017 Sea Watch Foundation, All rights reserved.

 <http://seawatchfoundation.us9.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=5384b29f8bc185b9a1bec5079&id=39c51f4d7b&e=c3f0e2384a&c=f6b8cd766b> unsubscribe from this list     <http://seawatchfoundation.us9.list-manage1.com/profile?u=5384b29f8bc185b9a1bec5079&id=39c51f4d7b&e=c3f0e2384a> update subscription preferences

Sea Watch Foundation · Paragon House · Wellington Place · New Quay, Ceredigion SA45 9NR · United Kingdom

 <http://www.mailchimp.com/monkey-rewards/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=monkey_rewards&aid=5384b29f8bc185b9a1bec5079&afl=1> Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp

http://seawatchfoundation.us9.list-manage.com/track/open.php?u=5384b29f8bc185b9a1bec5079&id=f6b8cd766b&e=c3f0e2384a