[MARMAM] HWDT recruiting a Hebridean Whale Trail Officer
gemma.paterson at hwdt.org
Wed Jul 19 12:28:08 PDT 2017
The Hebridean Whale and Dolphin Trust has an exciting opportunity to join
our team in Tobermory,on the Hebridean Isle of Mull, to work on our newest
project, the Hebridean Whale Trail.
The Hebridean Whale Trail Officer will be responsible for delivering a
programme of events and training across a developing network of 25 fantastic
whale-watching and whale heritage sites across the west coast of Scotland to
further promote the area as one of Europes best whale-watch destinations.
This post and the Hebridean Whale Trail project is generously funded by the
Coastal Communities Fund.
Key tasks and responsibilities of the post holder
· Line manage the Hebridean Whale Trail volunteers.
Hebridean Whale Trail project development:
· Take the lead role in developing the Hebridean Whale Trail
Engagement Programme, and create education and training materials in-line
with HWDTs overall engagement strategy.
· Work with the Whale Trail Manager to identify key sites to
establish the Hebridean Whale Trail;
· Contribute to developing an identifiable whale trail brand,
website, and site-specific interpretive materials in collaboration with
· Co-organise a project launch event, along with the publicity and
promotion of the project;
· Support the growth of a responsible and sustainable Scottish
· Engage with local communities within Argyll and Bute, Western
Isles, Highlands and Islands, Skye and Lochaber to tailor the Hebridean
Whale Trail at each unique site;
· Collaborate with local and national marine conservation charities,
appropriate organisations and key stakeholders to develop the Hebridean
· Further expand the HWDT Community Sightings Network by encouraging
people to engage in conservation and biological recording programmes at
Hebridean Whale Trail sites;
· Provide comprehensive training in marine mammal surveying for
volunteers at Hebridean Whale Trail Sites, teaching volunteers how to watch
responsibly and record marine wildlife;
· Assist HWDTs Community Engagement Officer to engage with local
schools and deliver education activities and field trips around Hebridean
Whale Trail sites;
· Support local organisations and businesses based around each
Hebridean Whale Trail site to benefit from the use of the site.
· Engage with users by updating website content, news pages, blogs
and social media relating to the Hebridean Whale Trail Project;
· Support the Whale Trail Manager to create programme update reports
for internal and external sources;
· Responsible for recording relevant project expenditure;
· Undertake project administration, including monitoring and
evaluation of project activities;
· Respond to general project-related enquiries, correspondence and
For the full Job Description and person specificaion, visit the vacancies
page of HWDT <http://www.whaledolphintrust.co.uk/about-vacancies.asp> s
Salary: £19,000 per annum gross.
Conditions: This is a full-time post, 37.5 hours per week.
Contract: Fixed term contract until 31st December 2019.
Starting date: The ideal starting date is early-mid September 2017.
Application procedure: Send CV and Covering Letter with the names of two
referees by e-mail to Gemma Paterson gemma.paterson at hwdt.org or post to
HWDT, Clydesdale Bank Buildings, Tobermory, Isle of Mull, PA75 6NU.
Further information on HWDT and on this post are to be found on the HWDT
website <http://www.whaledolphintrust.co.uk/about-vacancies.asp> , or
telephone 01688 302 620.
Closing date for applications: 12 noon on Monday 14th August 2017.
Interviews are likely to be during the w/c 28th August 2017.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the MARMAM