[MARMAM] Job posting - Biologist with NMRWB

Mark Basterfield mbasterfield at nmrwb.ca
Wed Jul 12 08:38:10 PDT 2017

The Nunavik Marin Region Wildlife Board (NMRWB) is looking for someone to join our team in Inukjuak.

The Nunavik Marine Region Wildlife Board (NMRWB) is an institution of public government established subsequent to ratification of the Nunavik Inuit Land Claims Agreement, and the main instrument of wildlife management for the Nunavik Marine Region.

As a biologist with the NMRWB, you will deal with a wide array of topics including commercial fisheries, species at risk, subsistence harvesting, Inuit Traditional Knowledge, protected areas, industrial development activities, and inter-jurisdictional negotiations.

Issues regarding the management and conservation of marine mammals will account for greater than 50% of the biologist's workload. Beluga and polar bear topics take up the majority of this time. Other marine mammals of importance in the Nunavik Marine Region include walrus, narwhal, minke whale, ringed seal, bearded seal, and harp seal.

The full posting and job description can be found at:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e83n8vig4fw1iqm/AACb7IwbJ8ZfSpUuSK4_Rleaa?dl=0 <https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e83n8vig4fw1iqm/AACb7IwbJ8ZfSpUuSK4_Rleaa?dl=0>

Please circulate this positing to anyone who may be interested, and apologies in advance for cross postings. Applications are due July 19th at midnight, EST. We welcome any questions related to the position.

Thank you,

Mark Basterfield
Wildlife Biologist
Nunavik Marine Region Wildlife Board