[MARMAM] Marine Education Internship Summer 2017 - Provincetown, MA USA
srichardson at coastalstudies.org
Mon Jan 9 13:02:51 PST 2017
*Summer 2017 Internship Opportunity*
The Center for Coastal Studies is a non-profit organization dedicated
scientific research with emphasis on marine mammals of the western North
Atlantic and on the coastal and marine habitats and resources of the Gulf
of Maine. CCS has been conducting research and marine and coastal
educational programs on Cape Cod for over 40 years.
*Education Responsibilities*-Intern will assist with environmental
education programs, including on-site programs, off-site programs, and
festivals, including CCS’s signature summer week of events: Whale Week: A
Celebration of the Sea. Interns will assist in staffing the Center’s
marine discovery center; designing and delivering presentations, answering
questions about CCS, marine mammals and ocean conservation issues, and
other general duties.
Interns must have their own transportation, and housing is not provided. A
small stipend is provided.
- The internship is open to students who are currently enrolled in, or
recently graduated from an accredited college or university. High school
students may also be considered.
- Preference will be given to students or recent graduates working
towards environmental studies, education, marine science, biology or other
- Intern should demonstrate strong written and verbal communication
- Intern should be a self-starter able to take responsibility for
- Students that are adaptable, responsible, hard working, willing to
learn, and have attention to detail are encouraged to apply.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be comfortable working with all ages, including young children.
- Must be comfortable working outside in all conditions.
- Must be comfortable working with and handling marine species.
- Interns must be able to commit to at least two-three months; preferred
start date-end date beginning June to mid August, but dates are flexible
based on school schedules.
- Interns must work a minimum of 20 hours per week.
- Schedule is flexible but intern may have to work some weekends and
- Preference will be given to students with secured housing on Cape Cod.
To Apply- Send your resume, cover letter, and one letter of reference to
Stephanie Richardson at srichardson at coastalstudies.org or 5 Holway Ave,
Provincetown, Massachusetts 02567. Applications must be received by March
Human Resource Manager
Center for Coastal Studies
115 Bradford Street
Provincetown, MA 02657
t. (508) 487-3622 Ext. 113
f. (508) 487-4495
“Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength
that will endure as long as life lasts.”
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the MARMAM