[MARMAM] Pacific Northwest Protected Species Observer/Passive Acoustic Monitoring Technicians

Jay Litchfield jay at aisobservers.com
Wed Aug 2 12:06:43 PDT 2017

A.I.S. Inc. is recruiting trained and experienced PSOs/PAM operators to join our team of observers for several potential upcoming projects in the Pacific Northwest.  The primary purpose of these individuals is to reduce the potential for injury or harassment of protected species throughout the course of industry activities, by monitoring for protected species and implementing mitigation measures as project guidelines require. The potential work varies depending on the project.  It may involve land based monitoring during pile driving activity, observation from small vessels that return to port each night, or require living offshore, for weeks at a time.  During observations a schedule will be divided among the designated staff so that observers do not work more than 4 consecutive hours without a break and that they don't work no more than 12 hours in a day.  Work is estimated to be available starting mid August.  Candidates will be selected based on their experience identifying and documenting Pacific species of marine mammals, sea turtles, and birds.

Compensation: $17.00 - $20.00 per hour (commensurate with experience). Travel expenses to and from the staging location will be reimbursable.

To Apply: Please submit a resume, a cover letter detailing your PSO experience, 5 professional references (name, e-mail address and phone number), and any applicable credentials/certificates.  Click the following link (https://goo.gl/Ch95B8 ) to complete our application and submit the required documents.

More information:

VEVRAA Federal Contractor

Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals

Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled

Additional questions regarding the position can be directed to Jay Litchfield at 508-990-9054.

For more information please visit the AIS, Inc. website www.aisobservers.com<http://www.aisobservers.com>.