[MARMAM] WDC Research Award

Nicola Hodgins nicola.hodgins at whales.org
Wed Apr 12 02:03:45 PDT 2017

FINAL CALL FOR APPLICATIONS – Closing Date 24th April 2017

WDC is delighted to announce the 2017 WDC Bharathi Viswanathan Award for Innovative and Non-Invasive Research. WDC strives to ensure that benign research methods are promoted as a guiding principle, both for the organisation and the researchers that we fund.

Up to £5,000 is available for the recipient of this annual award. The only restrictions that apply are that the project must utilize only non-invasive techniques and ultimately aim to benefit the conservation management or welfare of whales and/or dolphins.

Applications must be on a WDC Research Award Form (see website<http://uk.whales.org/wdc-in-action/wdc-award-for-innovative-and-non-invasive-research>) and will be accepted at any time until the closing date, midnight (GMT) April 24th 2017. The Award recipient will be chosen by May 22nd 2017.

Through this Award, WDC aims to showcase non-invasive research methodologies, highlighting the fact that many of these methods provide scientific data of excellent quality, whilst also promoting the development of innovative and non-invasive approaches towards studying cetaceans.

Please visit our website for more details and application forms.
http://uk.whales.org/wdc-in-action/wdc-award-for-innovative-and-non-invasive-research

Good luck,
   Nicola

Nicola Hodgins