[MARMAM] American Cetacean Society Conference Nov 11-13th, 2016: Last Call for Late-Breaking Research, Call for Abstracts!

American Cetacean Society acsresearch1 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 11:39:39 PDT 2016

Dear MARMAM Subscribers,

*Reminder: AMERICAN CETACEAN SOCIETY’s 15th International Conference, to be held November 11-13, 2016 in Monterey, CA. Register today!

We are announcing a LAST CALL FOR LATE-BREAKING RESEARCH **CALL FOR ABSTRACTS**

Our Conference Abstract deadline has come and gone, but we understand that scientific results don’t always follow a schedule.  Because of this we are re-opening a small time window for submitting abstracts presenting late-breaking research for the ACS Poster Session.

Details:  Late-Breaking Research Abstracts for the ACS Conference Poster Session and the Student Research Poster Contest will be accepted until end of day Pacific Time, October 26th .
Authors will be notified of their acceptance by 1-November.

** Poster Session: This session will showcase a variety of programs and projects based out of educational institutions, agencies, and non-profit organizations and is intended to encourage discussion and facilitate the exchange of current information pertaining to marine mammal research, conservation, policy, and education.

** Student Research Poster Contest:  We invite current graduate and undergraduate students to present their work in the Student Poster Contest.  First, second, and third-place winners will be recognized at the conference banquet, with a $250.00 first-place prize for the top presenter. Winners will also be featured in an upcoming issue of the ACS Spyhopper newsletter. The student contest provides an opportunity for students at universities and institutions to gain presentation experience in a professional environment and provides a forum in which existing professionals may meet their rising peers. To be considered for the Student Poster Contest, student authors must be from an accredited institution of higher education, and must be current undergraduate or graduate students, student interns, or recently graduated (within the last year), and have conducted their research prior to graduation.

Submission guidelines and details are available at the ACS Conference Website: http://acsconference.weebly.com <http://acsconference.weebly.com/>

Please submit all abstracts in proper format to acsresearch1 at gmail.com <mailto:acsresearch1 at gmail.com> by the October 26th deadline.
Abstracts must be submitted in the exact format outlined on the website http://acsconference.weebly.com <http://acsconference.weebly.com/> to be considered for the Poster Session.

For more information and to register for the ACS Conference, please visit: http://acsconference.weebly.com <http://acsconference.weebly.com/>
Conference inquiries can be sent to acsconf1 at gmail.com <mailto:acsconf1 at gmail.com>.

We look forward to seeing you at the conference!

ACS Poster Session Committee
Christina Tombach Wright - Chair
Joy Primrose
Sabena Siddiqui