[MARMAM] Job posting-Assistant veterinarian
drstaggs at gulfworldmarinepark.com
Tue Oct 18 11:21:21 PDT 2016
The Associate Veterinarian will work under the direction of the Senior Veterinarian to provide comprehensive medical and health care services for animals at Gulf World to ensure the health, safety and welfare of the animal collections. This person shall enthusiastically represents Gulf World by displaying a positive attitude, high level of energy and commitment to quality throughout all aspects of the job. The collection includes invertebrates, fresh and salt water fishes, amphibians, reptiles, birds, and domestic mammals, and marine mammals.
* Oversees animal health programs.
* Knowledge of current health status of collection.
* Manages diagnostics and treatments.
* Collaborates with veterinary and husbandry staff.
* Organizes and maintains pharmacy and surgery areas.
* Oversees medical care of animal rehabilitation program.
* Conducts animal health research projects and prepares the results for presentations and peer-reviewed publications.
* Assist with conducting health certification exams for animals and participate in transport of animals, if warranted.
* Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) required.
* Must have a minimum of 2 years prior experience in zoological medicine, including marine mammals.
* Must hold a valid U.S. veterinary license.
* Must qualify for Florida Veterinary License and USDA Accreditation certification.
Salary position with benefits.
Application deadline October 31, 2016
Applicants must submit a curriculum vitae and a letter of intent to info at gulfworldmarinepark.com<mailto:info at gulfworldmarinepark.com>
ExchangeDefender Message Security: Click below to verify authenticity
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the MARMAM