[MARMAM] HOSPITAL MANAGER VETERINARY TECHNICIAN FOR THE MARINE MAMMAL CENTER SAUSALITO CA

Maya Bott bottm at TMMC.org
Wed Oct 19 08:29:53 PDT 2016

MISSION
At The Marine Mammal Center, we are guided and inspired by a shared vision of a healthy ocean for marine mammals and humans alike.  The Marine Mammal Center advances global conservation through marine mammal rescue and rehabilitation, scientific research, and education

ROLE DESCRIPTION
The Hospital Manager directs daily clinical operations of our Sausalito veterinary hospital under the guidance and leadership of the Staff Veterinarian. This position supervises and trains staff, interns, volunteers and students in animal husbandry, administration of medications, sample collection/ processing and record keeping. This role is responsible for patient assessment and routine procedures, including physical exams, surgical assistance, processing and collecting biological samples and general support of research projects. The Hospital Manager has expansive management responsibility, including supervision of TMMC's veterinary technician interns and management of the onboarding and training of veterinary students and others who are here to learn. The Hospital Manager works in close collaboration with our Volunteer Coordinators and the Animal Husbandry Manager to ensure our Animal Husbandry Volunteer Crews are adequately trained to support the rehabilitation of the animals.

QUALIFICATIONS + EXPERIENCE
*         Associate or Bachelor degree in biology or related field
*         Certified Veterinary Technician with ability to become a Registered Veterinary Technician in the state of California
*         Experience managing an animal hospital of equal or greater size
*         A minimum of 1 year of hands-on experience in marine mammal or wildlife husbandry and medical care.
*         Experience successfully managing large teams of both staff and volunteers; strong track record of bring solutions and helping people work together
*         Experience creating and implementing successful training and internship programs

Please click on the link below to see more detailed job description.

TO APPLY: Please submit a cover letter and resume at (https://tmmc.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk06ywl)

Maya Bott
Human Resource Assistant
The Marine Mammal Center