[MARMAM] ANZSCSMM: Final Call for Abstracts

Katherine Indeck k.indeck at uq.edu.au
Thu Oct 6 16:36:13 PDT 2016

Dear ANZSCSMM members,

This is a friendly reminder that the third Australia/New Zealand Student Chapter Meeting of the Society for Marine Mammalogy will take place on November 24th and 25th, 2016, starting at 9 AM at Flinders University (South Australia). There will be an optional half-day workshop (Introduction to DISCOVERY: Photo-Identification Data-Management System for Individually Recognisable Animals) on Wednesday afternoon, November 23rd, which will be run by our colleagues from the University of Hong Kong. This opportunity will be free, and open to all interested conference participants.

The Chapter has funding to provide meals during the two days of the conference, as well as the opportunity to cover most, if not all, accommodation costs for those traveling from outside of Adelaide (3 nights; depending upon need). We would therefore like to reiterate that all university students (undergraduates to postdocs) from Australia, New Zealand, the South Pacific, and Southeast Asia are welcome to attend.

We encourage attendees to give an oral presentation (15 minutes) or to present a poster about their current (or planned) work on marine mammals. Participants wishing to present must submit an abstract (max. 300 words) by Friday October 21st. Please send an email as soon as possible to anzscsmm at gmail.com<mailto:anzscsmm at gmail.com> with the subject 'ANZSCSMM Abstract', along with your presentation preference, abstract, name, affiliation, the state/country you'll be traveling from, any dietary requirements, and a request for accommodation (if applicable).

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us! We will be sending out a schedule and an abstract book two weeks prior to the conference.

We look forward to meeting you all,
ANZ Student Chapter Heads
­___________________________________________________________________________

Kate Indeck
The Cetacean Ecology and Acoustics Laboratory, University of Queensland

Cecilia Passadore
Cetacean Ecology, Behaviour and Evolution Laboratory, Flinders University

Jessica Patiño Pérez
Ecology, Behaviour and Conservation Group, Massey University

Katherine Indeck
PhD Candidate
Cetacean Ecology and Acoustics Laboratory
School of Veterinary Science
University of Queensland Gatton Campus
QLD 4343, Australia

Phone: (07) 5460 1877