[MARMAM] Abstract Deadline Extension

Katherine Indeck k.indeck at uq.edu.au
Tue Nov 1 00:09:49 PDT 2016

Dear ANZSCSMM members,

The ANZ Student Chapter of the Society for Marine Mammalogy is delighted to announce that we have several accommodation and travel grants available for those giving presentations at our third meeting, which is going to be held on November 24th and 25th, 2016, at Flinders University (South Australia).

The deadline to submit an abstract (max. 300 words) has been extended to Friday November 11th.  Please send an email as soon as possible to anzscsmm at gmail.com<mailto:anzscsmm at gmail.com<mailto:anzscsmm at gmail.com%3cmailto:anzscsmm at gmail.com>> with the subject 'ANZSCSMM Abstract', along with your name, affiliation, presentation preference, abstract, the state/country you'll be traveling from, any dietary requirements, and a request for accommodation (if applicable). (NOTE: Please provide ALL of the above information.) We will make decisions about travel grants based on the final number of participants. Those chosen to receive a travel grant will be notified the week after the deadline and will be reimbursed at the conference.

Remember, there will also be an optional half-day workshop (Introduction to DISCOVERY: Photo-Identification Data-Management System for Individually Recognisable Animals) on Wednesday afternoon, November 23rd, which will be run by our colleagues from the University of Hong Kong. This opportunity will be free and open to all interested conference participants.

We look forward to seeing you in Adelaide in less than three weeks!

Cheers,

Kate Indeck

The Cetacean Ecology and Acoustics Laboratory, University of Queensland

Cecilia Passadore

Cetacean Ecology, Behaviour and Evolution Laboratory, Flinders University

Jessica Patino Perez

Ecology, Behaviour and Conservation Group, Massey University

Katherine Indeck
PhD Candidate
Cetacean Ecology and Acoustics Laboratory
School of Veterinary Science
University of Queensland Gatton Campus
QLD 4343, Australia

Phone: (07) 5460 1877