[MARMAM] Job Posting- Marine Mammal Specialist
KBraun at ene.com
Fri May 13 13:32:45 PDT 2016
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is a fully integrated environmental consulting firm committed to supporting sustainable development through responsible environmental stewardship. We are seeking a Marine Mammal Specialist for our Virginia Beach office to support project managers with a variety of offshore, energy, restoration, DOD, and other environmental projects.
This position will be responsible for coordinating environmental and permitting documents, interacting with client and regulatory agencies, and coordinating staff work assignments. Our successful candidate must have strong technical research and writing skills with educational emphasis and experience in marine species biology and policy.
* Support project managers on a broad range of environmental projects including DOD and offshore energy projects primarily within the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, and Gulf of Mexico regions
* Prepare environmental documentation/analyses and permit requests required under the ESA, MMPA, and NEPA
* Ensure permitting compliance under the Marine Mammal Protection Act, specifically in securing Letters of Authorizations and/or Incidental Harassment Authorizations
* Analyze potential impacts on marine species from proposed Navy and other offshore activities, including acoustical impacts to protected marine species (i.e. marine mammals, sea turtles, and fish species) and create appropriate mitigation and monitoring plans
* Assess anthropogenic impacts on marine mammal populations including acoustic effects, vessel interactions, harassment, and cumulative impacts
* Prepare environmental planning documents and outreach materials for federal and private clients.
* Interact with regulatory, consulting, and industry organizations on marine mammal issues
* Coordinate project work within a multi-disciplinary team
* 3-5 years of experience and a MS or 5-7 years of experience and a BS in Biology, Marine Biology, Marine Science, or related discipline; Master's Degree preferred
* Experience supporting offshore environmental projects; environmental consulting experience preferred
* Experience with environmental permitting in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, and Gulf of Mexico regions
* Working knowledge of DOD/Navy and offshore energy policies/regulations, NOAA Fisheries acoustic criteria for protected marine species, and the principles of underwater acoustics
* Knowledge of major federal statutes and implementing regulations, including NEPA, MMPA, ESA, CZMA
* Experience preparing environmental documents for submission to NOAA Fisheries, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Agency, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, U.S. Department of Energy, or Bureau of Ocean Energy Management a plus
* Experience leading or conducting marine species surveys or as a Protected Species Observer a plus
* Experience with project management, client relationship management, and interaction with regulatory agencies
* Excellent leadership and interpersonal communication skills
* Excellent verbal communication, technical writing and research skills
* Ability to travel to support business needs
E & E is its people. We are a knowledge based culture with an integrated staff of more than 85 scientific and engineering disciplines-a group of innovators who pave the way in implementing environmental solutions. E & E has been dedicated to environmental conservation and enhancement since our founding in 1970. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment, with a competitive benefits package. Please view our website at www.ene.com<http://www.ene.com/> to apply on-line.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the MARMAM