[MARMAM] Job Openings - Seal Rescue Ireland Management Positions
Seal Rescue Ireland
sealrescueireland at gmail.com
Thu May 12 10:17:38 PDT 2016
Seal Rescue Ireland is now hiring for the following positions:
1. Project Manager (stipend position)
2. Animal Care Manager (potential free room and board)
3. Education Coordinator (volunteer position) available
Seal Rescue Ireland's(SRI) is located in County Wexford Ireland. The organization’s mission is to rescue, rehabilitate and release sick, injured and orphaned seals in Ireland. They strive to provide information and advice as well as promote public education and understanding of seals and the importance of the conservation of the marine environment. SRI is responsible for monitoring the entire coast of Ireland for stranded seals pups since it is the only rescue centre in Ireland that rehabilitates seals. The centre is busy year round with about 60-80 seals admitted annually and it also stays busy with a steady flow of visitors since the centre is open to the public and has an onsite education program.
For more information about the organization, please visit <http://www.sealrescueireland.org> www.sealrescueireland.org
To apply for the positions please send an email to Meadow Greenwood at sealrescueireland at gmail.com (Please name the Subject Line at the name of the position in which you are applying for) with your CV and a cover letter stating when you are available to start, why you wish to work at Seal Rescue Ireland, and why you are suited to the position. Applications for the Animal Care Manager position are due May 20th, Applications for the Project Manager position are due by May 26th, Applications for the Education Coordinator are due by June 1st.
PROJECT MANAGER (please email us for a full job description before applying)
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Project Manager will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for Seal Rescue Ireland’s staff, programs, finances, expansion, animal care and execution of its mission. S/he will initially develop deep knowledge of the field, core programs, operations, and business plans. The main objective of this position is to manage all aspects of the facility and ensure the facility has adequate funds for operation. Candidates must have a strong work ethic and be passionate about the organization’s mission. Background experience with marine mammal medicine or similar roles is not required but is desired(the position is NOT an animal care position). This is a full time position with a stipend of €900/month yet the position has the potential of growing into a full time salaried pay position fairly quickly dependent on productivity of the candidate.
The Project Manager will be thoroughly committed to SRI’s mission. All candidates should have proven leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience. Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
· Advanced degree, with at least 1 year of management experience; track record of effectively leading businesses or organisations and staff; ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth.
· Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation.
· Excellence in organisational management with the ability to coach staff, manage and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives and manage a budget. The ability to multitask and handle multiple projects at once is a requirement.
· Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing Board Member relationships. Not for Profit experience is desired.
· Strong marketing, public relations and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
· Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
· Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
· Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven and self-directed.
· Animal care experience is preferred but not required.
· Must be proficient in Microsoft programs such as Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
· Public speaking skills are a requirement.
ANIMAL CARE MANAGER (please email us for a full job description before applying)
Reports to the Project Manager. There are 2 full time positions starting Aug 1st (somewhat flexible date) that are a contract position for a minimum of 6 months (visa assistance available for out of country candidates). Dependent on experience and availability, food and housing may be provided. Animal Care Managers are responsible for supervising the care of our wildlife patients which consist mostly of grey seal pups and common(harbour) seal pups. This includes setting up treatment plans, monitoring health, seal admins, administering medication and fluids, tube feeding, scheduling releases, applying for wildlife permits, maintaining seal database, etc. Additional non-animal related duties include managing our stranding network, supervising interns/volunteers, training new volunteers/interns, facility program management, facility maintenance, clerical management work, managing the volunteer house, assisting with the education program, assisting with the fundraising program, PR/Marketing work, volunteer/intern recruitment and more. We are looking for a well-rounded individual who is organized, who can juggle multiple duties/projects at once, and is proficient with Microsoft Programs. Candidates are REQUIRED to have previous experience in marine mammal rehab.
Education Coordinator (please email us for a full job description before applying)
Reports to the Project Manager. This is a volunteer position with a minimum commitment of 15hrs/week (or more) with a potential of working for commission on programs. This position is responsible for managing the SRI’s active education program. SRI has an offsite and on-site education program. The current education department has approximately 15 programs in which the coordinator will manage and promote. Development of new programs is desired. These programs cater to all age groups and abilities. The coordinator will be responsible for ensuring the success of all education programs, dealing with programs’ permits and paperwork, recruiting participants for ed programs, creating new programs, managing finances, developing lessons, scheduling events, helping with other SRI programs, helping the Project Manager as needed and much more. Applicant must pass a background check, be great with kids, be enthusiastic, have a strong work ethic, and be passionate about ocean conservation. Background/Schooling in marine biology or teaching is not required but preferred.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the MARMAM