[MARMAM] 1st LAMLA Workshop - Listening for Aquatic Mammals in Latin America - Call for Abstracts

LAMLA Workshop lamlameeting at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 16:03:49 PDT 2016

*1st LAMLA Workshop *

“*Listening for Aquatic Mammals in Latin America*”

21-23 June 2016, Natal, Brazil

We would like to invite you to participate in the upcoming event "1st
Listenning for Aquatic Mammals in Latin America" (LAMLA) to be held in
Natal, Brazil between 21 and 23 of June 2016 at the Federal University of
Rio Grande do Norte. Our aim will be to bring together researchers,
professionals, and graduate students working on bioacoustics to communicate
their work, network and interact with other researchers, and discuss
directions for a coordinated regional bioacoustics network and
collaboration, essential to strengthen both the scientific and conservation
efforts on the species locally, nationally and internationally. The
ultimate aim of the meeting will be to produce a document that compiles
bioacoustics research efforts in Latin America and identifies future
directions for developing the aquatic mammal bioacoustics field at a
regional level. Findings, conclusions and action plans resulting from the
workshop will be submitted for publication in LAJAM.

Please join us in order to:

·     assess the effort to study sounds from all aquatic mammal species
that occur in Latin America;

·     share scientific information and methodologies between research
groups;

·     enhance conservation efforts, locally and internationally;

·     define a platform for launching new partnerships, activities or
projects.

We would like to encourage anyone with interest in these studies to
participate in our exploration of new effective conservation ideas and
possibilities.

*Early registration deadline: 30th April 2016. Abstract submission
deadline: May 5th, 2016.*

Please, don't hesitate to forward this message to colleagues or person you
think interested but keep in mind* work has to be conducted in Latin
America*, no exceptions.

Visit the site to register and submit your abstract: www.lamla2016.com

If you need more information, please contact us at lamlameeting at gmail.com

Looking forward to see you in Natal!