[MARMAM] 2016 Volunteer Wildlife/Marine Videographer

Sean Bogle sean at wildlensinc.org
Fri Mar 25 07:05:14 PDT 2016

Hello,

I am resending this posting with an updated link.  I was informed that the previous posting I submitted has an expired link.  Can you please post this version?  Thank you.

We are currently seeking volunteer videographers and aspiring filmmakers to collaborate with in the production of new Eyes on Conservation video episodes for 2016! Spaces for these volunteer positions are limited, so keep in mind when applying that we are looking for motivated individuals who are eager to tell stories about wildlife and conservation efforts. We care more about your story idea and how it is presented than we do about your prior experience as a field biologist.

Job Title: Volunteer Wildlife/Marine Videographer

Job Description: Wild Lens is a non-profit organization dedicated to bringing biologists and filmmakers together to better communicate to the public the various risks to habitat and wildlife species, particularly in understudied populations. Wild Lens is looking for dedicated volunteer videographers willing to document their experiences at various field jobs throughout the globe for our Eyes on Conservation (EOC) documentary series. Primary duties will include documenting key study components and objectives through film, interviewing primary investigators when possible, obtaining signed release forms from individuals for Wild Lens, sending footage to Wild Lens upon conclusion of the field season, working with film producers during post-production, and possibly shooting additional footage when needed after the field job is complete. Volunteer videographers must be willing to take the time necessary to obtain footage that will ultimately be used to compose and edit a short EOC video. The EOC video will be used as an educational instrument for organizations conducting wildlife research and to further communicate the mission of wildlife efforts in conservation. Past projects include working with The Marine Mammal Center to highlight seal and sea lion rehabilitation and Ungulate conservation in Tanzania. To see an examples of previous Eyes on Conservation videos, visit: http://wildlensinc.org/film-projects/eyes-on-conservation/ <http://wildlensinc.org/film-projects/eyes-on-conservation/>
Please e-mail a cover letter and resume with 2-3 references in a PDF file to sean at wildlensinc.org <mailto:sean at wildlensinc.org>, at least 1-2 months prior to the start of your field season. Let us know in your cover letter what job you have been hired for, what your duties will be, and the objectives of the study. Also include any ideas you have about the story you hope to tell using the footage that is collected. Please place the job title in the subject heading. The number of positions are limited and will be filled as suitable applicants are found.
Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications: 1. Experience in filmmaking and/or photography; 2. Must already be hired to a field job separate from this film project; 3. Possession of a quality camera and tripod that is capable of shooting HD video (is preferred); 4. Ability to communicate with people on camera in a coherent way; 5. A strong motivation to communicate science concepts to a general audience.

Duration: Dependent on Field Job

Salary: Strictly volunteer (some gear may be provided, dependent on the project)

Last Date to Apply: 1-2 months prior to start of field season

Contact: Sean Bogle, Project Director E-mail: sean at wildlensinc.org <mailto:sean at wildlensinc.org> (preferred); Phone: 435-790-9593

-------

 Cheers,

 Sean