[MARMAM] New dates (June 5-12th) PROCETUS Cetacean Monitoring Course in Baja, Mexico

Fernanda Urrutia urrutiaof at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 09:48:36 PDT 2016

Hello everybody,

We have new dates for our summer course/internship/independent study! June
5-12th 2016

The Cetacean Observation Program PROCETUS (Programa de Observacion de
Cetaceos), located in Baja California, Mexico is offering a course  on
monitoring cetaceans in Bahia de los Angeles, Mexico. This course is
directed to students or anyone interested in learning more about whales
and/or want to gain valuable research experience on the field.

 This one-week course includes 5 days of boat surveys. Each survey
consisting of 6 to 8 boat hours  along the Canal de Ballenas. Each day,
students/interns will learn photo-id research, sampling techniques,
behavioral observations and GIS mapping. Although students cannot obtain
academic credit with this course, we encourage students to talk to their
teachers in order to take this course as an independent study. Interns will
receive a certificate of completion at the end of the course.

 Dates

June 5 -12th 2016

 Fee

750 USD

The fee includes

.         Transportation to/from Bahia de los Angeles from/to San
Diego/Tijuana (11-12 hour drive).

.         Accommodation at "Las Hamacas" Hotel.

.         All meals.

.         Field work: boat surveys.

 Does not include

.         Travel to San Diego or Tijuana

.         Travel insurance

.         Expenses incurred before/after the course

.         Spending money

For more information visit

<http://www.procetus.com.mx/courseinternshipindependent-study-on-monitoring-
cetaceans-in-baja-california-mexico/>