[MARMAM] Looking for online dedicated tools /platforms for opportunistic data

Anissa Belhadjer anissa.belhadjer at souffleursdecume.com
Wed Mar 2 02:50:33 PST 2016

Dear Marmam, would you please post the message below :

Looking for online dedicated tools /platforms for opportunistic data__

Dears MARMAMers,

Our NGO Souffleurs d’Ecume is a partner of the GIS3M (Group of
Scientific Interest for Mediterranean Marine Mammals). The GIS3M is
currently leading a project to highlight data of opportunistic cetaceans
sighting in the Pelagos Sanctuary (Mediterranean Sea). The aim of this
study is to develop an online platform dedicated to the entry, storage
and analysis of data from a network of opportunistic observers. In this
context, we are looking for some examples or an experience feedback from
any structure which developed such tools to use and/or analyse
opportunistically-collected data on any species. We are also
investigating advantages and disadvantages related to the development of
a dedicated tool dealing with this kind of data.

We would be very grateful if you could provide us with any information
or advice you may have on this topic. Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Anissa Belhadjer

e-mail : anissa.belhadjer at souffleursdecume.com

Souffleurs d'Ecume