[MARMAM] Summer Internships with New England Aquarium

Intern intern at neaq.org
Thu Mar 3 09:52:50 PST 2016

The New England Aquarium in Boston, MA is continuing to accept applications for Summer 2016 Internships. In particular, we are seeking applications for the following two marine mammal-focused positions:

Marine Mammal Education and Research Internship<http://www.neaq.org/get_involved/volunteering_and_internships/internships/complete_list_of_internships/position_details.php?id=101>

*         A combination of research and education on our Whale Watch Tours. Interns assist with collecting data in the field, data entry on shore, and informal education on board.

Right Whale Research Project Field Intern<http://www.neaq.org/get_involved/volunteering_and_internships/internships/complete_list_of_internships/position_details.php?id=107>

*         A two month field research immersion internship in Lubec, Maine. Interns will join our Right Whale Research team for their two month field research expedition (August and September) assisting with data collection, photo identification, census research, and more.

Interested candidates should submit the following: Cover Letter, Resume, Two References (contact information only), a completed questionnaire,<http://www.neaq.org/get_involved/volunteering_and_internships/internships/documents/new_internship_questionnaire.doc> an unofficial transcript, and a letter of recommendation. Applications should be submitted to intern at neaq.org<mailto:intern at neaq.org> for consideration, incomplete applications will not be considered.

We are continuing to accept applications for other summer internships, as well. Please see the individual position descriptions (link below) on our website to determine if the position you are interested in is still accepting applications. If you have any questions please feel free to reach out or see the links in my signature, below.

Best wishes,

Brendon Dempsey
Intern Coordinator
New England Aquarium