[MARMAM] Natural Power - Job Opportunity for a Marine Mammal Mitigation Coordinator - Stirling, UK

Natural Power HR Team work at naturalpower.com
Thu Jun 9 03:16:28 PDT 2016

Due to the on-going success and growth of our business, Natural Power are looking to recruit a Marine Mammal Mitigation Coordinator, into our Stirling, Ochil House office.

The Role
Reporting to the Senior Marine Mammal Ecologist, you will work closely with clients, MMOs, PAM operators, subcontractors and vessel operators with support from our offshore ecology team to ensure a fast turnaround of projects whilst maintaining continuity. You will primarily be responsible for coordinating, managing and organising all aspects of marine mammal mitigation work required on offshore projects which involve activities such as pile driving and geophysical survey work.
A full job profile is available on request, however a selection of duties and responsibilities for marine mammal mitigation work include:

*         Identifying and potentially contracting appropriate MMOs and PAM operators

*         Sourcing and arranging delivery of appropriate PAM gear

*         Sourcing and making arrangements with appropriate vessels (where required)

*         Making logistical arrangements

*         Writing communication plans and HSSE documents

*         In house project management of mitigation projects (invoicing and housekeeping)

*         Providing shore support once a project is underway including:

o   Providing guidance on technical and compliance questions

o   Liaising between clients and mitigation teams

*         Writing, reviewing and submitting reports

*         Identifying opportunities and contributing to marine mammal mitigation tenders

*         Contributing to other marine mammal projects as required

Qualifications and Experience

*         BSc in ecology/marine biology/zoology

*         Offshore experience as an MMO and/or PAM operator

*         Knowledge of UK legislation/guidance relating to marine mammals

*         Knowledge of mitigation work and reporting requirements

*         Experience of organising offshore surveys

*         A good understanding of collection and analysis of passive acoustic monitoring data

You will possess excellent organisational skills, attention to detail, and be able to communicate well via e-mail, telephone and in person. You should be able to produce good written work, set up templates, review MMO reports and write text for tenders. Project management skills will be an advantage in order to be able to keep track of budgets and manage projects.
Desirable:

*         Knowledge of renewable / offshore energy market

*         Experience of chartering vessels (and vessel requirements)

*         Understanding of HSSE requirements for working offshore

*         Personal survival certificate and ENG1

*         Full driving licence
Due to the nature of the role, you will be expected to be flexible with working patterns including providing shore support 1-2 weekends per month. Overall you will be adaptable, proactive, and flexible with your time and standard duties.

Further Details
The package offered will be dependent on your experience and fit for the role.  Further to salary, other benefits include: generous holidays, group personal pension scheme, childcare vouchers, bike to work scheme, discounts at related companies, life assurance, critical illness cover, Income protection.  We offer a positive working environment, with a relaxed internal culture yet highly professional external reputation with excellent support mechanisms in place to develop your knowledge and career.
The position is based at Ochil House in Stirling (FK7 7XE)
Ochil House: Just off the A91 with easy access to the M80 and M9 motorways.  For those taking public transport the office is twenty minutes' walk from Stirling train station and for those more active, there is a bike shed, store room and showers available on site (why not take advantage of our bike to work scheme).  Further to this, we are next to The Peak sports complex offering a gym, pool, various courts/pitches and a climbing wall amongst other things (why not take advantage of our corporate membership rates).

How to apply

Full details are available on our website.  Please apply online by uploading your CV. Please note that our software uses CV parsing technology, so please ensure that information extracted is correct before submitting your application.  You will also be given the opportunity to add a cover letter; this should clearly set out why you feel you are suited to the role.

Closing date: Sunday 19th June
https://careers.naturalpower.com/vacancies/vacancy-details.aspx?VacancyID=702

Edindra Robbin

Natural Power HR Team
System Account
come and visit our new website,  naturalpower.com<http://www.naturalpower.com/>
renewable energy consultants

tel:
mobile:
email:    work at naturalpower.com

The Natural Power Consultants is a registered company
((SC177881) in Scotland. Our Registered Office is
The Greenhouse, Dalry, Castle Douglas, DG7 3XS, UK.
Disclaimer

<http://www.naturalpower.com/privacy-policy>