[MARMAM] ACS Conference and Call for Abstracts

American Cetacean Society acsconf1 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 12:45:40 PDT 2016

Dear MARMAM subscribers,

*We are pleased to announce **American Cetacean Society's **15th
International Conference to be held November 11-13, 2016 in Monterey, CA. *

*Celebrating 50 Years of Whale Conservation: Reflections and Innovations*

ACS’s International Conference is a highly respected gathering of
scientists, educators, conservationists, students, hobbyists – anyone with
an interest in cetaceans and their ocean environment. Activities include
speaker sessions with world-renowned experts, a poster session including a
student research poster contest, a photography contest, a silent auction,
book signings and art show. We will also host a pre-event
all-day whale-watching trip held on Friday in the Monterey Bay National
Marine Sanctuary.

ACS is celebrating its 50th Anniversary as the world’s oldest whale
conservation organization. This year, we will reflect back at whale
conservation and research history, and look forward to the innovations that
are rapidly changing what we know about our world’s whales.

Don't delay - register today! *Early Bird Conference Registration rates end
September 30*. For more information and to register, please visit the ACS
Conference website: http://acsconference.weebly.com

Conference-related inquiries can be sent to acsconf1 at gmail.com

We look forward to seeing you at the conference!

Diane Alps
President / Conference Chair
American Cetacean Society

*CALL FOR ABSTRACTS:*

*Abstracts for the Poster Session and Student Research Poster Contest will
be accepted through September 9th. *

   - Poster Session - This session will showcase a variety of programs and
   projects based out of educational institutions, agencies, and non-profit
   organizations, and is intended to encourage discussion and facilitate the
   exchange of current information pertaining to marine mammal research,
   conservation, policy, and education.

   - Student Research Poster Contest - We invite graduate and undergraduate
   students to present their work in the Student Poster Contest. First-,
   second- and third-place winners will be recognized at the conference
   banquet, with a $250 first-place prize for the top presenter. Winners will
   also be featured in an upcoming issue of the ACS Spyhopper newsletter.

   The student contest provides an opportunity for students at universities
   and institutions to gain presentation experience in a professional
   environment and provides a forum in which existing professionals may meet
   their rising peers. Abstract submissions will be accepted from current
   undergraduate or graduate students, student interns, and recently graduated
   students (within the past year) who conducted their work prior to
   graduation. Student authors must be from accredited institutions of higher
   education.

For submission guidelines and details, please visit the ACS Conference
website: http://acsconference.weebly.com

Poster session-related inquiries can be sent to acsresearch1 at gmail.com

ACS Poster Session Committee:
Christina Tombach Wright