[MARMAM] Job Posting: Stranding Coordinator for Gulf World Marine Institute
drstaggs at gulfworldmarinepark.com
Mon Jan 25 08:33:49 PST 2016
Please see posting below.
POSITION: Stranding Coordinator for Gulf World Marine Institute (GWMI)
Location: Panama City Beach, FL
Compensation: Salaried Position with Benefits
Please send cover letter and resume to pam at gulfworldmarinepark.com<mailto:pam at gulfworldmarinepark.com> by February 12, 2015
Job Summary: Demonstrate excellent representation of GWMI at all times through a positive, can-do attitude and focused work ethic. Responsible for assisting the Institute Director with the execution of duties associated with GWMI's Animal Rescue Program. These duties include: rescue and rehabilitation of stranded marine mammals and sea turtles, maintenance of all rehabilitation facilities, answering and responding to calls of stranded marine mammals and sea turtles, and coordinating the schedules of the stranding program volunteers.
Minimum Requirements for Position: Must be willing to consistently provide full time assistance for stranding calls and responses. Must be willing to work with a diverse group of people with a wide variety of experience. Must be able to work well with Institute Director and Staff Veterinarian. Bachelor of Science degree or minimum 4 years experience in related field. Must have good understanding of stranded marine mammal and sea turtle rehabilitation. Must have public speaking experience. Ability to work under harsh weather conditions. Ability to develop stranding teams and work well with members as well as work independently when required. Must be able and willing to assist in animal necropsies, experience preferred but not necessary. Strong communication skills (oral and written) and computer expertise is required. Grant writing skills are highly desirable. Valid driver's license and a good driving record. Must be physically able to execute the work of the position. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. Must be legally able to work in the United States. Weekends and scheduling flexibility required.
Responsibilities & Essential Functions: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* Perform all other duties as assigned by Institute Director and Staff Veterinarian. Responsible for staffing a 24-hour hotline for reports of stranded marine mammals and sea turtles in stranding area.
* Appropriately coordinate field response/rescue of stranded marine mammals and sea turtles.
* Assist with overseeing the daily operations of the rehabilitation of stranded marine mammals and sea turtles including animal care and facility maintenance.
* Oversee the training of all volunteers within the Animal Rescue Program and coordinate the scheduling of rehabilitation volunteers.
* Collect Level-A data and specimens in the field and assist with carcass disposal, when necessary.
* Provide educational information to the public when responding to stranding reports.
* Assist in conducting public outreach programs, and media relations.
* Conduct or assist veterinarian in necropsy examinations both onsite and in the field including, but not limited to, clean-up and waste management.
* Write and implement new standard operating procedures.
* Coordinate release of rehabilitated marine mammals and sea turtles.
* Perform accurate data entry into GWMI, FWC, and NOAA Fisheries databases for all reported sightings and stranding's.
* Demonstrate understanding of the hazards employees and volunteers are exposed to and must be certain that volunteers are properly trained in the use of the personal protective equipment (PPE) that will protect them from that hazard.
* Insure employees and volunteers have the appropriate safety training needed in their position.
[Business Card - DrStaggs-1]
"This transmission may contain confidential health information that is legally privileged. This information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. The authorized recipient of this information is prohibited from disclosing this information to any other party unless required to do so by law or regulation and is required to destroy the information after it's stated need has been fulfilled. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or action taken in reliance on the contents of these documents is strictly prohibited. If you have received this information in error, please notify the sender immediately and arrange for the return or destruction of these documents."
ExchangeDefender Message Security: Click below to verify authenticity
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 99293 bytes
More information about the MARMAM