[MARMAM] New Report Available

Gianni Pavan gianni.pavan at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 03:21:11 PST 2016

Dear colleagues,
   on behalf of my coauthors I'm pleased to announce the availability of
the final report of a project granted by ACCOBAMS:

*OVERVIEW OF THE NOISE HOTSPOTS IN THE ACCOBAMS AREA*
*Part I – Mediterranean Sea*
Alessio MAGLIO, Gianni PAVAN, Manuel CASTELLOTE Silvia FREY

Short Abstract: Identifying areas of high anthropogenic pressure on the
marine environment is a key element for an effective environmental
management and for mitigating impacts. As underwater noise is considered a
major threat for cetaceans, the ACCOBAMS Agreement has undertaken a work
aiming at identifying noise hotspots and areas of potential conflicts with
cetacean conservation. The global aim of this project is to gather baseline
knowledge on noise-producing human activities in the Mediterranean Sea.

The report is available on ResearchGate *DOI:* 10.13140/RG.2.1.2574.8560
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/290084063_Overview_of_the_Noise_Hotspots_in_the_ACCOBAMS_Area_Part_I_-_Mediterranean_Sea

--
Gianni Pavan
Centro Interdisciplinare di Bioacustica e Ricerche Ambientali