[MARMAM] Advanced PAMGuard course - final announcement

PAMTech pamtech.acoustics at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 11:38:54 PST 2016

PAMTech (pamtech.eu) is offering an Advanced PAMGuard course, teaching the
advanced use of the leading passive acoustic monitoring research and
industry software, PAMGuard (pamguard.org) for offline analysis. We are a
small UK-based company made up of PAMGuard developers and experienced field
acousticians who can enable you to get the most out of PAM applications. A
high tutor-to-student ratio on our courses ensures participants can get
individual assistance with their training requirements.

Our next course is running on:

29/01/2016 and 30/01/2016
This two-day classroom-based course allows those with previous PAMGuard
experience to get to grips with more advanced features, focusing on offline
analysis and data management. The course will include some core analysis
modules, but participants will also be able to tailor training to their
particular needs by selecting from a range of optional modules including
complex classifiers and localisation techniques, and the PAMGuard MATLAB
library. There is also the opportunity to bring your own datasets and
explore ways they can be analysed using PAMGuard.

The course will take place on the Vine Trust Barge, Prince of Wales Dock,
Edinburgh, EH6 7DX, Scotland, UK.

Cost 350 GBP

Participants must bring their own laptop running Linux or Windows (not
OSX). We would recommend Windows 7/8.1 or Ubuntu 12.10+. Microsoft Access
is also very useful for the course. For those wishing to follow the MATLAB
module, a copy of MATLAB version 2012 or above is required.

Course costs do not include accommodation, travel or food.

To find out more, contact: pamtech.acoustics at gmail.com
Or go to: pamtech.eu

To book go to:
http://pamtechadvancedpamguard.eventzilla.net