[MARMAM] 2016 field teams dates with the CRRU in Scotland

Dr Kevin Robinson kev.robinson at crru.org.uk
Sun Feb 28 01:19:18 PST 2016

“Whales and dolphins of the Moray Firth” field training internship programme

Each year we offer a number of unique opportunities for a seasonal corps of
trainees to join us in Gardenstown, Scotland, as contributing members of the
CRRU team. This resident Internship Programme is designed as a way for
students interested in a career in marine science to gain valuable research
experience in a real-world setting.

In 2016, places are available on the following field teams:

*        Team I: 16 May - 26 May

*        Team II: 30 May - 9Jun

*        Team III: 13 Jun - 23 Jun

*        Team IV: 27 Jun - 7 Jul

*        Team V: 11Jul - 21Jul

*        Team VI: 25 Jul - 4 Aug

*        Team VII: 8 Aug - 18 Aug

*        Team VIII: 22 Aug - 1 Sep

*        Team IX: 5 Sep - 15 Sep

*        Team X: 19 Sep - 29 Sep

*        Team XI: 3 Oct - 13 Oct

The residential courses are run in the form of a training internship in
cetacean research and conservation, with formal lectures, seminars and
presentations by the research team and practical training in field
methodologies and data collection at sea and tools used in the analysis of
long-term field datasets. The cost for an 11 day internship in 2016 is 895
GBP, and this will cover you for full board (all your accommodation and food
costs), your full equipment needs and ALL associated field costs during your
stay with us in the heritage fishing village of Gardenstown in Banff. You'll
simply need to arrange your own travel itinerary to us in Banffshire,
northeast Scotland (nearest airport Dyce, Aberdeen, approx. 1½ hours from
the field base by coach) plus any personal spending money.

To find out more about these courses, please visit
www.crru.org.uk/join_the_team.asp <http://www.crru.org.uk/join_the_team.asp>
(scroll to the foot of this page for video links about volunteering). To
view/download our publications and reports, please visit
www.crru.org.uk/publications.asp <http://www.crru.org.uk/publications.asp> .

To receive our full project briefing and application/booking form or if you
have any questions or inquiries, please email us at info at crru.org.uk
<mailto:info at crru.org.uk>  with the subject “CRRU Summer Internship Enquiry"
and we will get back to you at our very soonest convenience

We look forward to hearing from you

With all best wishes

Dr. Kevin Robinson

Director, CRRU

 <mailto:kev.robinson at crru.org.uk> kev.robinson at crru.org.uk

Cetacean Research & Rescue Unit, PO Box 11307, Banff, AB45 3WB, Scotland, UK
| * +44 (0)1261 851696 |  <http://www.crru.org.uk/> www.crru.org.uk

Whale and  Dolphin Research | Environmental Educational Outreach | Marine
Wildlife Rescue | Consultancy | MMO Services

 <http://www.facebook.com/crru.org.uk>  <http://www.twitter.com/crru>
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/cetacean-research-&-rescue-unit-crru->

Recognised Scottish Charity No. SC 035473