[MARMAM] New Marman Posting for Cape May Whale Watch & Research Center

Melissa Laurino mellslaurino at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 07:32:56 PST 2016

*Title*: Internship with Cape May Whale Watch & Research Center in Cape
May, New Jersey

The Cape May Whale Watch & Research Center in Cape May, New Jersey is
looking for interns for our 2016 field season. Our whale and dolphin
watching season runs from March to November. At the height of our season
there are three trips a day with an extremely flexible intern schedule,
customized to work around outside employment and summer classes. In
addition to trips leaving out of our location in Cape May on the American
Star, <http://www.capemaywhalewatch.com/boat.html> during the summer we
also have trips out of Wildwood on the Atlantic Star.

*Intern tasks include:*

   - Photographing marine mammals on whale and dolphin watching trips
   - GPS/Data collection and processing
   - Atlantic Bottlenose Dolphin fin matching and analyzing
   - Leading a touch tank, whale baleen and marine debris demonstration
   - Maintenance of collected local species tanks
   - Educating passengers
   - Contributing to our research blog
   <http://www.capemaywhalewatch.com/blog/> and creating an independent
   project

*Application Process:  *To apply, please submit a complete application
package which includes:

   - Cover Letter and Resume (no more than 3 pages)
   - Contact information for two references including email and phone
   numbers
   - A supporting document of no more than 500 words answering *ONE* of the
   following:

   1. How do you respond to a passenger who is disappointed with the trip
   (ex. no whale sightings, not close enough to animals, number of dolphins,
   etc) and continues by commenting that they should go to Seaworld?
   2. What conservation efforts do you believe should be established in
   Southern New Jersey for Marine Mammal protection and how could it be
   implemented?
   3. Why would research of Marine Mammals in their natural habitat, using
   photo identification, and data collection be useful and important?

*Please submit completed application packet
to tracie.cicchitti at capemaywhalewatch.com
<tracie.cicchitti at capemaywhalewatch.com>*

For more information, please visit:
http://www.capemaywhalewatch.com/internship.html

--
Melissa Laurino
Naturalist/Internship Coordinator

Cape May Whale Watch & Research Center, Inc.
1121 Rt. 109
Cape May, New Jersey 08204