[MARMAM] Research Internship 2016_Namibia

Namibian Dolphin Project nam.dolphin.edu at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 08:04:39 PST 2016

We would be grateful if you could circulate this information.

The Namibian Dolphin Project is a research and conservation organization
run by several independent scientists based in southern Africa.  We are
running research internships in 2016 and would like to invite students
enrolled in marine biology, ecology and zoology degrees to attend. These 6
week long internships will take place between 1 June to 13 July 2016 and 20
July to 31 August 2016 in Walvis Bay, Namibia. Internships are research
focused with an emphasis on learning field skills used in cetacean research
such as photo-identification and behavioural data collection, as well as
data management and team work. The fee of 2500 USD covers all research
training, field work, accommodation and food for the 6 week field period.
Please note we have limited spaces remaining.

If you are interested in joining our research team during one of these
periods please send a letter of motivation and your CV in an email with the
subject Research Internship 2016_Namibia to nam.dolphin.edu at gmail.com.

More information can be found on the Namibian Dolphin Project and our
umbrella organisation Sea Search by following these links (
www.namibiandolphinproject.com  www.seasearch.co.za)

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any questions
regarding this training opportunity.

Kind regards
Namibian Dolphin Project Team

www.namibiandolphinproject.com