[MARMAM] Shelf Edge survey - return leg France to Ireland

Patrick Lyne patrick.lyne at iwdg.ie
Sun Aug 28 00:29:34 PDT 2016

This is a last call for crew to sail on the return leg of the journey from Brittany to West Cork along the shelf edge.

Join the Irish Whale and Dolphin Group shelf edge team sailing from Brittany in France to West Cork in Ireland leaving Camaret September 7th and arriving in West Cork September 15th or 16th  (all dates subject to weather).  We will be recording large baleen whales and feeding behaviours principally and crew members are required to assist with this work , we will also be recording all other species of cetacean encountered, their acoustic behaviours and where relevant taking photo id images.  The area targeted is the Whittard Canyon area and Porcupine Seabight in water depths of 200m to 4000m. There are two places available one at €1200 and one student rate at €600 to include food on board.  Participants are responsible for their own travel and would have to make their way to Nantes or Quimper where they can be collected on the 6th. Contact Patrick Lyne by email patrick.lyne at iwdg.ie (Mob. +353 86 2334424) for further details prior to August 28th or email  <mailto:westcorksailing at gmail.com> westcorksailing at gmail.com  after August 28th to check availability of places.

Patrick Lyne

MMO Coordinator IWDG

Disert

Castletownbere