[MARMAM] Hunstanton SEA LIFE Sanctuary

Hunstanton ACT Hunstanton.ACT at merlinentertainments.biz
Mon Aug 22 01:27:41 PDT 2016

Hunstanton SEA LIFE Sanctuary is offering a unique opportunity to gain hands on work experience with the rescue and rehabilitations our marine mammals, alongside gaining experience working with our aquarium and resident sanctuary animals. The placement requires a full-time commitment of 40 hours per week, over 12 consecutive weeks starting mid-December. Following our busiest year ever for common seal pups rescues we are launching our new winter internship which will allow candidates to work with our rescued grey seals.

The type of work varies depending on the number of pups brought into the centre but typical duties will include:

- Preparing the daily feeds, including nutritional supplements
- Cleaning out the rehab pens and pools, and maintaining high standards in the hospital.
- Daily feeding and rehabilitation husbandry of the pups
- Assisting in medical examinations, treatments and sampling
- Assisting with rescues &/or releases of seal pup
- Assisting in the husbandry of the resident seals
- Maintaining animal clinical and husbandry records
- Maintaining equipment, facilities and supplies
- Visitor interactions & giving presentations
- General duties in the day to day running of the Sanctuary

All applicants must have achieved 5 GCSE’s including Maths, English and Science and should be in full time education. We do take mature students and those looking at getting into the industry with relevant interest and experience.

The placements are unpaid and housing is not provided, successful candidates will be required to live within 20 minutes of the Sanctuary due to night feeds for seals.

To apply please submit a CV and cover letter, including relevant experience to Hollie Stephenson at Hunstanton.ACT at merlinentertainments.biz<mailto:Hunstanton.ACT at merlinentertainments.biz>

Merlin Entertainments plc. Registered office: 3 Market Close, Poole, Dorset, BH15 1NQ. Registered number 08700412. Registered in England & Wales.

'This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.'