[MARMAM] Workshop reminder

Annalisa Zaccaroni annalisa.zaccaroni at unibo.it
Tue Sep 22 12:26:09 PDT 2015

Dear MARMAM members,

We would like to remember to all those working in the field of or interested to the problematics linked to human-cetaceans interactions to attend our full-day workshop " Threats to marine mammals in the Mediterranean Sea: how do they cope with human impact?<https://www.marinemammalscience.org/conference/workshops/#mediterranean>" at the Biennial in San Francisco on Saturday, December 12th.

Confirmed and tentative speakers of the morning session are at present:
Prof. Giuseppe Notarbartolo di Sciara: introductory, plenary lecture

Dr. Simone Panigada: impact of naval traffic on cetaceans

Dr. Manuel Castellote: impact of acoustic pollution on cetaceans

Dr. Josue Delgado (to be confirmed): pathogens in cetaceans

Dr. Annalisa Zaccaroni: chemical pollution, levels of exposure and potential adverse effects on marine mammals

In the afternoon session presentation from research groups are previewed. There is no specific topic for presentation, so any kind of research concerning the Mediterranean area is welcome. Young researchers presentation are very well welcome, so we look forward to receive contribution from all the research groups working in the area of Mediterranean sea.

We hope we will have a good participation from Mediterranean researchers, giving their contribution to the workshop and the discussion.

You can find the workshop description at https://www.marinemammalscience.org/conference/workshops/

You can register for the workshop through the conference website: https://www.marinemammalscience.org/conference/conference-registration/.

For abstracts submission and for information contact us via email at annalisa.zaccaroni at unibo.it<mailto:annalisa.zaccaroni at unibo.it>

We look forward to seeing many of you in December!

Best wishes,

Dr. Annalisa Zaccaroni
Dept. Veterinary Medical Sciences
University of Bologna