[MARMAM] Update on Lagenorhynchus SMM Workshop

Vollmer, Nicole (Nikki) VollmerN at si.edu
Mon Oct 19 06:22:24 PDT 2015

Hello!

We just wanted to send an update regarding funding and speakers for the "Rethinking Lagenorhynchus" workshop being held at the SMM Biennial on Sunday, December 13th.

We are pleased to announce that workshop registration fees will be covered for the first 24 participants that sign up!  These spots are filling up quickly so we encourage you to act fast! This funding has been made possible by the American Genetics Association.  Please take note that early bird registration has past, and workshop registration is now US $90.00. Registration for the workshop should be done through the conference website:

https://www.marinemammalscience.org/conference/conference-registration/.

Also, several very distinguished colleagues will be presenting their past and current work on Lagenorhynchus (and Cephlorhynchus).  Confirmed speakers currently include Nobuyuki Miyazaki, María Constanza Marchesi, Anders Galatius, Frank Cipriano, Frants Jensen, Marianne Rasmussen, Susannah Buchan, Dara Orbach, and Marta Hevia.

Please let us know if you have any questions, and see you in December!

Thank you,

Nikki and Erin

Erin Ashe (ea84 at st-andrews.ac.uk)

Nikki Vollmer (vollmern at si.edu)

Nicole Vollmer, Ph.D.

Postdoctoral Fellow

NOAA/NMFS/National Systematics Laboratory

Smithsonian Institution Natural History Museum

PO Box 37012, MRC 0153

Washington, DC 20013-7012

202-633-2137

vollmern at si.edu