[MARMAM] LGBT Night at SMM Biennial, Thurs. Dec. 17

Daniel Palacios daniel.palacios at oregonstate.edu
Fri Oct 16 10:44:49 PDT 2015

Dear colleagues,

We are planning an informal "LGBT Night" during the SMM Biennial Conference
on Thursday December 17. The intent is to provide a space of community for
our LGBT colleagues and to promote diversity and inclusivity within our
profession. Our current plan for the evening is as follows:

7:30 - 8:30 pm: Mixer with drinks and appetizers at The Marker Hotel, 501
Geary Street, San Francisco, CA 9410, just a block from the Hilton (near
Taylor Street). They will put us in an area just off the main bar (BDK).

9:00 - 10:00 pm: Dinner at Chow, 215 Church St, San Francisco, CA 94114.
Chow on Yelp: http://www.yelp.com/biz/chow-san-francisco-3
We plan to use public transportation from the Hilton/Marker area taking the
Muni train on Market St. and getting off at the Church St. Station (the one
before Castro). Chow is just across the street.

10:00 pm: Bar hopping in The Castro (walking distance from Chow)

Folks are welcome to join any or all activities. So that we can provide the
mixer and dinner venues an approximate guest count, we would appreciate an
RSVP in response to this email. Please also feel free to direct any
questions to us.

We look forward to seeing you in San Francisco. It's going to be great!

Daniel Palacios <daniel.palacios at oregonstate.edu>
Annalisa Berta <aberta at mail.sdsu.edu <ehines at sfsu.edu>>
Frank Cipriano <cipriano at sfsu.edu>
Ellen Hines <ehines at sfsu.edu>