[MARMAM] Statistical Modelling Workshops, University of St Andrews, Jan 2016

Lindesay Scott-Hayward lass at st-andrews.ac.uk
Mon Oct 5 04:31:10 PDT 2015

Apologies for cross-posting.

We would like to announce two workshops on statistical modelling in January
2016:

Introduction to Statistical Modelling and Spatial Modelling Methods for
Correlated Data
Centre for Research into Ecological and Environmental Modelling

12th ­ 15th and 18th - 21st January 2016, University of St. Andrews

The Centre for Research into Ecological and Environmental Modelling (CREEM)
at the University of St. Andrews will be running two ŒStatistical Modelling¹
workshops to introduce both basic and more advanced techniques.

Introduction to Statistical Modelling (4 days)
This workshop will take place 12th - 15th January 2015 and will cover
Exploratory Data Anaysis, Confidence Intervals, Linear Models, Generalised
Linear Models to help participants analyse continuous, presence/absence and
count data and Generalised Estimating Equations for modeling correlated
data.

Spatial Modelling Methods for Correlated Data (4 days)
This workshop will take place 18th ­ 21st January 2016 and covers one
dimensional and two dimensional smoothing using more traditional and
recently developed methods. The correlated aspect of the data is addressed
using Generalised Estimating Equations (GEEs). These will be covered in more
detail than in the introductory workshop.  The initial example will be using
count data (Poisson) however towards the end of the workshop we will also
cover models for categorical data (e.g. Binomial, Binary and Multinomial
response types).

Both courses will be heavily data-based and presented using large scale
offshore wind farm data.  The R software package will be used for
workshop-based practical¹s.  Computer sessions take place in our computer
classroom (attached to the seminar room) and participants can use our
computers or bring their own laptops.

For more information and registration, please visit the webpage:
http://creem2.st-andrews.ac.uk/introduction-to-statistical-modelling-and-spa
tial-modelling-methods-for-correlated-data-workshops-2
<http://creem2.st-andrews.ac.uk/introduction-to-statistical-modelling-and-sp
atial-modelling-methods-for-correlated-data-workshops-2> /

Many Thanks,

Lindesay Scott-Hayward