[MARMAM] Masters project on effects of seismic surveys on porpoises

Jakob Tougaard jat at bios.au.dk
Tue Nov 24 01:20:50 PST 2015

Dear all,

An opportunity has arisen for conducting a masters project or equivalent on a previously collected dataset from the North Sea. Dataloggers (C-PODs and wide band recorders) were deployed for a longer period, during which two large seismic surveys were conducted. The project is thus a desk job, without field work, although we will be able to arrange participation in other, similar field work to give a feel for how data was collected. Strong analytical skills are required.
The project is scheduled to start immediately, but that is clearly unrealistic for foreign applicants. If interested, just indicate when you would be able to start.
Interested students are encouraged to contact me before applying.

Best regards

Jakob

Jakob Tougaard
Senior Scientist
Department of Bioscience, section for Marine Mammals, Aarhus University
Email: jat at bios.au.dk<mailto:jat at bios.au.dk>
Phone: +45 4098 4585