[MARMAM] Academic post opportunity!

Per Berggren per.berggren at newcastle.ac.uk
Fri Nov 13 07:19:14 PST 2015

Dear MARMAMers,

We have an opportunity here at Newcastle University, UK, for a permanent academic post: D24048A - Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Marine Biology/Ecology. This is a very broad position involving marine science teaching, supervision of student projects and conducting research. It is a great opportunity for a marine mammologist who would like to establish him/herself after having done a postdoc. A good publication record is essential and some teaching experience.

Newcastle University has excellent research facilities (http://www.ncl.ac.uk/marine/) including the Dove Marine Laboratory, an 18m research vessel, hydrodynamics lab, cavitation tunnel and several ongoing marine megafauna projects.

Here is a link to the advert (go to page 6): https://vacancies.ncl.ac.uk/LoginV2.aspx. Deadline for applications is 27 November 2015.

I am happy to answer any questions regarding the post and working at Newcastle University.

Cheers, Per
Dr Per Berggren
Senior Lecturer, School of Marine Science and Technology
Newcastle University, NE1 7RU, UK
Phone:+44 191 208 5676
Email: per.berggren at ncl.ac.uk
Visit us on http://www.facebook.com/newcastlemarine