[MARMAM] Join Us For The Upcoming Aquatic Ecosystem Health Conference!

Thompson,Nina nina.thompson at ufl.edu
Fri May 8 09:14:55 PDT 2015

Please distribute to interested parties!

Do you work on or with aquatic animals?  If so, we would like to remind you that the Aquatic Ecosystem Health Conference 2015 is coming up!  This conference consists of the Third International Symposium on Ranaviruses and the Fifth Florida Marine Mammal Health Conference.  The proceedings for both conferences are available online!  Please check out our website to see all the amazing talks there will be on Ranaviruses, whales, dolphins, sea turtles, and manatees! ( http://conference.ifas.ufl.edu/aeh/)

            We are getting excited about this conference and we encourage you and your friends to register!  We have extended the regular registration price for the meeting.  If you know someone who has not registered and wants to join us for a great time please visit our website: http://conference.ifas.ufl.edu/aeh/marinemammal/registration.html

            We are offering veterinarians CE (continuing education) credits for this conference, so if you are interested in getting some continuing education credits, we encourage you to come to this conference!

Lastly, we would like to tell you all that we are offering a number of field trips and workshops on June 1st as part of the Ranavirus symposium!  They are all going to be a lot of fun in different ways and you can opt to go on a nature walk, go see the beauty of Homosassa Springs, or you can do a workshop on Ranavirus surveillance or a workshop on sterile sample collection from Ranavirus hosts!  Please visit the website for more information on the different opportunities available for you to enjoy on June 1st:  http://conference.ifas.ufl.edu/aeh/ranavirus/ft_nfo.html.  We have also received some beautiful artwork as donations for a raffle during the Marine Mammal Health Conference to help raise funds to supplement student participation for the next conference!  We look forward to an enlightening week or research, ideas, talks and a look towards the future and we hope to see you there!

Thank you,

Nina Thompson, MS
Program Assistant/Biologist
Aquatic Animal Health Program