[MARMAM] New publication on bowhead whales and airgun pulses

Susanna Blackwell apoflav at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 12:20:33 PDT 2015

Dear Colleagues,

My co-authors and I would like to announce the recent publication of a
paper examining the effects of sounds from airgun pulses on the calling
behavior of bowhead whales.

Blackwell SB, Nations CS, McDonald TL, Thode AM, Mathias D, Kim KH, Greene
CR, and Macrander AM (2015) Effects of Airgun Sounds on Bowhead Whale
Calling Rates: Evidence for Two Behavioral Thresholds. PLoS ONE 10(6):
e0125720. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0125720

Link:

http://www.plosone.org/article/fetchObject.action?uri=info:doi/10.1371/journal.pone.0125720&representation=PDF

Best,
Susanna