[MARMAM] We need more information about the regulation of the whale watching activity

Souffleurs d'Ecume morgane.ratel at souffleursdecume.com
Thu Jun 18 05:44:34 PDT 2015

Dears MARMAM members,

I’m contacting you about the whale-watching activity in France. On July
2014, the Pelagos Sanctuary and the ACCOBAMS agreement signed a
partnership agreement for the launching of the High Quality
Whale-Watching certification (please, find here
<http://www.accobams.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1199:high-quality-whale-watching-certification-registered-by-accobams&catid=3:accobams-news&Itemid=68>a
link to the ACCOBAMS news release). Souffleurs d’Ecume was mandated to
implement the certification in the French Med Sea. We are also currently
working with the Agoa Sanctuary managers (Caribbean Sea) in
collaboration with local tour operators to implement WW regulations in
the French West Indies. In these contexts:

1/We are looking for some information to make a review of permits
applied to the WW practice. Currently, we already had catalogued lots of
examples (Mayotte Island, French polynesia, etc.),  but we would like to
be sure that we covered a large range of cases. Would it be possible for
someone toprovide us some examples, reports and/or contacts for an
experience feedback all around the world?

2/In order to complete succesfully our bibliography on the topic, has
someone ever read and/or heard about any cetacean population
displacement due to a severe WW activity?

I thank you in advance for your help,

best regards,

Morgane

	*Morgane Ratel *