[MARMAM] PSO's Needed for Gulf of Mexico
kathi_rogers at comcast.net
Tue Jun 16 09:19:57 PDT 2015
Rogers Environmental & Safety Services, Inc. is seeking Protected
Species Observers for a survey in the Gulf of Mexico for a major oil
company. The expected duration of the project is between 10-20 days
starting in late June to early July 2015.
Specific responsibilities will include:
* Conduct marine mammal and sea turtle surveys and monitoring
from vessels at sea, often for long days and several consecutive weeks
* Follow visual surveying protocols and search methods for
locating and tracking different types of species.
* Accurately record data using standard forms and reports;
determine range, distance, direction, and bearing of protected
species and vessels; record GPS location coordinates, weather, and
* Provide field communication/support with appropriate personnel
using devices including two-way radios, satellite phones, Internet,
email, and facsimile.
Requirements are as follows:
* BOSIET or equivalent training
* PSO Training for working in the Gulf of Mexico (BOEM/BSEE
* Medical Fitness for Offshore Work
If interested, please respond with CV, copies of appropriate
certifications and availability to
<mailto:kathi_rogers at comcast.net>kathi_rogers at comcast.net .
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the MARMAM