[MARMAM] Request: Help us to define responsible whale watching destinations

Philippa Dell dell.philippa at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 06:45:23 PDT 2015

Dear Colleagues,

REQUEST: HELP US DEFINE RESPONSIBLE WHALE WATCHING DESTINATIONS IN 60
SECONDS

We would like to request your assistance as we compile a report entitled:

 ‘Best Practice Framework for Responsible Whale and Dolphin Watching
 Destinations’

We are asking anybody involved with whale and dolphin watching around the
world – whale watch operators, scientists, NGOs, whale watchers and other
stakeholders – if you could spare just one minute of your time to complete
our survey to define how responsible and sustainable your local whale or
dolphin watching area is. Respondents will be credited in the report. Your
comments will enable us to highlight case study destinations in the report,
 describing their framework for best practice.

Click here to complete the survey:
https://surveyplanet.com/55afc1cc21cabf47432938cb

The Best Practice Framework will be used by destinations promoting or
developing whale and dolphin watching to guide and inform the specific,
locally tailored standards that operators and other stakeholders agree to
comply with in their own destinations. In addition, by showcasing
effective models
within this Framework the report will also assist those destinations either
starting up, or with limited resources, particularly in the developing
world, by illustrating the models most likely to lead to success for them.

If you own, manage or work for a whale or dolphin watching organisation, we
would greatly appreciate you taking the time to complete the survey.
Alternatively perhaps you could reply directly to
philippa at worldcetaceanalliance.org with any comments you have about
responsible whale and dolphin watching at a destination that you know well.

We will be happy to circulate the results of this survey back to the
Marmam group
on completion.

With thanks in advance for your help.

Philippa Dell

WCA Working Group on Responsible Whale Watching

World Cetacean Alliance, Studio 3, Lower Promenade, Madeira Drive,
Brighton, BN2 1ET, UK

Office: +44(0)1273 355011

Web: www.worldcetaceanalliance.org

Email: philippa at worldcetaceanalliance.org